Whenever you travel abroad, there is one thing that always bothers your mind. How to contact your loved ones? We all know that contacting our loved ones from some other country from our own mobile phone is not that easy. One app that allows you to be in touch with your loved ones even when you are far away is the NomadPhone app.
NomadPhone app belongs to the Utility category and is available for free download. All the Canadian and U.S. users are provided with a new or second line as they sign up with this app. The app is great for use as it has no ads or additional fees apart from what is mentioned.
There are varied number of online apps like Skype, Imo, Kik, Facebook Messenger and the lot that may facilitate you to communicate across the globe. Only the younger generation people and those who are comfortable with the latest technologies might be using these online apps. All the older generation people and the very little ones at home may not know how to use them. It is quintessential that you keep NomadPhone on your mobile once you decide to travel abroad.
Special features of the app are:
- It allows you to talk over a Wi-Fi, local or an international sim card without any roaming fees.
- Transcripts all your voicemail to text
- Separate caller ID to make it appear as if your are calling from your office but you are abroad in reality
- Helps transfer your existing number for use on NomadPhone and lets you to get a new phone number of your choice.
- By offering free incoming and outgoing calls to U.S. and Canada, the app minimizes your phone bills. It also provides unlimited number of text and call options.
- Call forwarding facilities to the NomadPhone app so that you never miss one.
The NomadPhone app is made available only for iPhone users. The app comes with a trail for a period of seven days. A subscription of one month can be availed for $9.99 which provides one active phone number and access to all premium features. Number porting option is also available for a subscription of $12.99. All these purchases can be done via the iTunes account. Subscriptions can be managed by the user and auto-renewal can be turned on/off in the user’s account settings after purchase. I would personally recommend this app for my family or friends who are travelling from U.S. or Canada.
Worth Having App – Download the App